Thursday, December 3, 2009

Scared about the fbi?

Yesterday, (on October 18, 2007,) i had entered this chat room that I had not been on to in a while. I had entered a screen name by random and I had talked to this kid whom was under the a different name at that time as because from what I understand, he was apparently trying to disguise himself to find out who I was. I then proceeded to exit and re-entered with my old screen name that I had used. I then went on to talk to him again to greet him. He had then proceeded to tell me that he had remembered whom I was and had reminded me that I've had unpleasant encounters with him. I do admit that I was sort of inappropriate and I do deeply regret it as I know much better of myself and have been taught otherwise. I did proceeded to apologize to him for any trouble that I may have caused him.



He then had stated that I had apparently introduced him to a certain website. He had denied my statement when I had claimed that he introduced me to the particular website first and that I had only asked him about it at a later time. He stated to me rather quickly as possible as if to scare me that his mother works for the FBI and that this kid also does FBI work as well as he works with his mom. He said that he would inform his mother of me and that they can both track down my IP address and find me and said that I would be going to jail. He claimed that he was so serious, that he would have the SWAT team down to my location in about 45 minutes and breaking our houses door down. Without the giving of my personal information or evidence of any kind, I don't see how I could be tracked. Unless, my IP address would be given to my ISP, but I am curtain that that only happens if something illegal is done, then only the police and NOT the FBI would then be involved. With that time frame in mind, numerous hours have passed since then.



He has claimed to have busted many people in chat rooms, but he said that a good percentage of people from MySpace have been busted. He did not specify any reasoning as to why they were busted, so than seemed strange to me. I had proceeded to apologize and ask for forgiveness once again. He claimed that it was OK and that he promised that I could have another chance and that I would not be tracked down. I proceeded to leave, shocked, and terrified with my heart beating so fast that I was almost confided that it would be popping out of my chest. Some time had passed, and I don't have the slightest idea why, but I began to do a little bit of my own research. I had proceeded to look up his MySpace page that he previously had gave me a while back. I began to look for curtain things, and the first thing that I noticed was that his name had been changed from Ricky to Jake.



The next thing that I had noticed was that his age had been changed from sixteen to eighteen. The last two things that I had also noticed were that the state he was living in was changed from California to Arkansas and that his state of education had been unchanged as it still states that he still remains in High School. I strongly believe that I was not very sensitively inappropriate. I certainly did not do anything against the law or that would put me in the situation of being tracked down. Since the happening of this, I have been trying to spend as much time with my family as possible giving them all the hugs, kisses, and I Love You's in the universe. I am terrified whenever I hear the phone ringing or a knock on the door or the ringing of the doorbell in thinking that it is the FBI and that I am going to jail.



I was told by someone else I talked to that the FBI is a backup force and they would do nothing to hurt me and I would not be going to jail, that I was just lied to for a good scare. This is the start of many unpleasant and uncomfortable days and nights to come, I was indeed shocked about this whole ordeal and am very concerned. I am wondering if this whole thing is to scare me or what is going on. Is this just a good scare because their mad at me? It seems strange.



Scared about the fbi?

Some how I doubt his story about his mom and him working for the FBI and that the FBI will be coming to get you.



However I don't believe the innocence you feign in your question either.



It is illegal to have sexual conversations with minors (the exact age varies between states).



It is possible for law enforcement to track down the source of chats. Your ISP will release your information if the law enforcement agency has a warrant.



Scared about the fbi?

Sounds like someone's having a good laugh at your expense. But, maybe not. If you did something that you know is wrong then learn from it and hope that you'll slip through the cracks.



The thing is, if he had some sort of law enforcement connection and was going to do something about it, he wouldn't have told you first. People puff themselves up and talk all kinds of jive in chat rooms. I can't tell you how often I've heard someone say to someone else, "I've looked up your IP and home address etc. etc."



The Internet is a place where there are generally no repercussions for talking whatever sh!t. The few exceptions, however, will bring big-time repercussions. Such exceptions are things like soliciting sex from a minor, or being such a noob that the RIAA catches you sharing music. So, this person seems to be using your fear of these repercussions to scare you and laugh at you.



Scared about the fbi?

He was trying to make fun of you. Nothing will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dedicated server